recovery partition cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
i have an hp desktop and when i bought it they put a locked 10 gig partition on it with all the recovery stuff to put it back to original. i made the 8 recovery cds. can i delete the partition now that i have cds and still be able to completely clean install windows if i have to with those? no i didnt get an xp disc when i bought the computer.
anybody ever use recovery discs before? wish they woulda just given me an xp disc with it.

The "recovery" discs usually have the OS on them. You probably should call HP and ask them what this space is used for. Every dealer if a little different.

-Mike

actually it sounds like the recovery CD is simply taking the actual image off the 10GB partition or the applications are installed there. deleting that partition might cause a lot of problems.

it actually took 8 cds to make the recovery set so i dont think its just the image plus ive done a recovery without using the cds so if that helps ne

so you are saying you were able to restore your computer using your own custom made restore CD's instead of the HP restore CD's? if yes, that go ahead and delete the partition, i don't see why not just keep it there, 10GB is a lot easier than 8 CD's that can be lost or scratched.

u may safely delete the recovery partition...no problems
whenever u reinstall xp using the cds u have created, it would ask u, do u want to recreate the partition
at that point its ur choice, u may or may not
i am with hp tech support

thx man, and i mean this with the utmost respect and in no reference to u but what is ur opinion on hp online tech support. when i first got this computer and didnt kno very much i asked them about a few things such as umm, first i think i asked them about a memory upgrade, my computer has ddr 2100 and one of ur tech guys told me to put ddr 2700 to make it faster or it would just underclock or something like that, i was like wtf. then i refilled my hp deskjet ink cartridges but the printer still said the cartridges were empty so i asked how to reset the ink level back to full. well his solution was i believe to disconnect the printer, and uninstall the drivers for it and unplug my computer and printer and told me this is how hp designed it. needless to say i was skeptical but was bored and decided to do the driver, reinstalling drivers is a simple thing if u've ever done it so i was like sure why not, well ya that didnt fix it. so i started searching the net and found that the actual ink cartridges are unique and the printer can recognize them so u need to buy like 3 different ones and switch um around when u refill to get by this. there was something else that blew me away too and i cant think of it. needless to say i dont use hp support nemore so i just wanted ur opinion of the ppl u work with.
was also wondering if this is like a job that u do from home or do u go into work to help ppl online, i already help some ppl online fix stuff so it would b a great job for me. i looked on there website awhile ago but i dont think i found nething. what qualifications do u need etc etc.
thx

Hi neversleeps, i dunno much about online tech support as i am with phone tech support. Also i am pavilion desktop support.
LOL
And even online tech support is not something that u can do from home. HP as contact centers all over the world. Ours is located in India.
Try the phone support. I hope your confidence in tech support will come back.
Gimme ur email for further info.

HP as contact centers all over the world. Ours is located in India. [/B]

Why the hell does everyone go to india to do tech support.. Man that shit pisses me off what about good OL american tech support
Based in the USA what a crock of ****

LOL
I guess that would piss off a lot of people on this forum.
But m3z its not actually a matter of Indian or American tech support. Its the profit that counts. The big organizations outsource the tech support simply because its more profitable to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom