recovery console

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryhigginsrice

Solid State Member
Hi everyone. I have a Compaq SR5210NX computer. I was tired of vista, so I downgraded to Windows xp. I left the recovery partition on the harddrive in case I changed my mind. I have changed my mind. I want windows vista home premium to return. I cannot find any drivers for the windows xp installation. I need to get to the recovery partition. Foolishly, I did not make any recovery cds and BestBuy did not give me any. It has been two years, so I know they will not help me. I let my warranty lapsed for financial reasons. Is there anyway that I can have the recovery partition to restore the pc to its factory settings? Any help will be appreciated. mary

Hello Mary,

There is 2 options you can try before you will have to contact Compaq or order media directly from Microsoft.

First option, hit F11 after the Compaq screen but before XP starts to load. This should get you to the Recovery setup to be able to roll it back to the settings it had from the factory.

Option 2. Try using Alt + F11. Possibly even F12.

If none of the button configurations work, you will be stuck ordering the media from either Compaq itself or Mictosoft. Compaq just contact them directly from their website, for Microsoft use this site. Microsoft only charges shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom