Recovery CD help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

racegirl72

Beta member
I am trying to help a friend. She has a compaq computer, winxp home. She had the dreadful winfixer virus on her computer.....she couldn't even try to fix it due to all the pop ups and crashes, so she tried to do a quick recovery using the disks that came with her computer. The install ran like it was supposed to, using all three disks. She got the startup, just like the computer was new....she got the screen to register windows....but when she tried, it could not connect to the internet, so she rebooted, and chose to skip that step for now. BUT, on each reboot now, the computer tries to reinstall the xp os all over again, installs for a bit, then stops and a window pops up and says: "No disk inserted, please insert disk" with the options 'retry' 'okay' or 'cancel.' Inside the box that pops up, in the right hand corner it has wmaudi-1.exe. But at this point, it freezes and she is unable to click on any of the options, or do anything. It does not say which disk to insert, out of the 3 disks. Any suggestions would be great! I am going over later to try to help her, and thought I could use some suggestions before attempting anything. Thanks in advance!

you might have a boot sector virus. use powermax in my signature to wipe the hdd clean (use quick erase) and then use those recovery cds

Re: Thank you.....

racegirl72 said:
I should put this on a floppy, right? And thanks EricB for your help!

you can use the cd.iso too. just download it and use nero or roxio. you wouild have to select "burn from disc image" mode

Thanks again.........

Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope this does the trick! I will post results! Thanks for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom