Recovering a document

Status
Not open for further replies.

malakh

Baseband Member
Hello...I have a HUGE problem. I hope there is a way to fix it :(
I opened an attachment through Windows Live Mail and started editing it. I saved it multiple times, but I can't find it anywhere. All I did was click the save button...not save as to save in a different location. Is there ANY way to get my 6 hours of work back? Please help!!!!

Why not open up the document again and click save. From there you should be able to find the file path on which it saved and then just manually go there and find the one you already worked on?

I tried that...but its like it didn't even save. I don't know...I redid the work so not too worried about it now...although I would be extremely upset if I found it later.....

Lost many hours of sleep over this stupid thing!

lol, I know. The thing is I clicked save multiple times...as a responsible person would while working on a document. But I couldn't find it anywhere after I closed out Word.

edit: just reread the post and discovered i dont pay enough attention.

I havent used Windows Live for anything but i imagine from the trouble shooting steps takes its prolly something like google docs, which doesnt store anything locally.

If anything it would have been stored as a temp file in one of the various temp locations. But since you did it in Windows Live Mail who knows if that is even a possibility.

The only problem with doing it on something like Google Docs is you have no access to it at all times. If there is no Internet connection you dont have access. Of course if you email to someone they would need net access to get it anyways.

But the thing is a free open source place like that is not the best place to store and do sensitive document work. Since it is stored on a server and it can be accessed by anyone.

I always find the missing word documents in the C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temp folder

if you hit save, look in the recent documents tab in word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom