Recovering Data

OMGURBIG

Beta member
Hi Newbie here,

Im wanting to recover files from wwwaaayyy back.

Unhidden files ect and gone to click on my "Tools" file in C drive but I cant find it.

Done a search but with no joy.

Any advise would be greatfully received

Are they files you've already deleted?

Are they on a drive that you've been using actively?

How long ago exactly?

If you've been actively using the drive and it's been quite a while... then there's a very very slim chance of getting any old data recovered. When you delete a file, it doesn't actually get deleted right away. It gets flagged for deletion by the file system. Then, when you save a new file, it will overwrite the space that has become marked as available.

You can try something like Recuva, but like I said.. there's going to be little chance of getting it back if you've been using the drive.

you probably should try some software designed to recover files... I agree DARKER that Recuva is fine and can help you... However there are other apps that can be helpful in your case...but first you need to answer the question that carnageX asked you.. thus you can choose the right program...

What have you done to the drive that stores these deleted files? Have you overwritten it yet?
If not, you may take chances with some data recovery tools, like Recuva, 4Card Recovery, PhotoRec, iCare Data Recovery Free and more, before it is too late.
Next time, you should never save your important data on only one drive or place again.

If your wanted files have not been overwritten yet, you may take chances with this video tutorial.
It has ever helped me a lot when my USB flash drive is formatted by chance.
Always remember to make data backups in the future.

Back
Top Bottom