Reconfig the startup program for .bak files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
How can i set .bak files back to the command shell program instead of the one i mistakenly switched it to? The command shell program isn't in the list.

Just rename the files. The file tha tyou want to replace name that something.buk and take the .bak file and rename it to the file you need.

Its not that it had been renamed... it still has the .bak extension. The problem is when u go and right click on the file and say open with... it opens now with sql server express (cause I thought I knew what I was done... "thought")... so its become the default program to open .bak files. I can switch it to any other program as its default when i go into open with and then select another program in the list but the program command shell is not visible. Let me know if that makes completely no sense at all... its been a long day.

Well if you can not right click it and select a application to open it with i dont know. There should be a option to select Open With...

If that isnt there then you will have to go thru the Folder Options under Files to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom