Recommended Software for certain tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really concerned with burning so much as just being able to stick a dvd in and have it ripped straight to the hard drive.

DVDDecrypter would be good. I know there was FreeDVD back in the day. Not sure if it is still around.

DVD:Rip for Linux is a perfect free ripping solution, provided you have the w32/w64 DVD codecs and libdvdcss installed. It can rip even new discs to xvid/divx/mpeg/etc and the output files are good quality.

I use WMP11 to play audio and video in Windows, VLC to play audio and video in Linux, I like both of those programs, but would like something similar to WMP11 for Linux, integrating a good video/audio player with a good library and some visualizations and audio enhancements.

I have DVD:Rip installed as well. That is a handy tool on Linux. I have found to jsut use Amarok for music and the VLC or Mocie player to work decent in Linux.

Alright. Took this even further. I added the section for formatting tools. I also gave links to everything! Yes Everything listed now has a link to either the homepage or a direct download for things like WMPC.

I did the work for you. You do not even have to go to Google now. But remember not all of these are free. So you might have to search around still.

Alright. Took this even further. I added the section for formatting tools. I also gave links to everything! Yes Everything listed now has a link to either the homepage or a direct download for things like WMPC.

I did the work for you. You do not even have to go to Google now. But remember not all of these are free. So you might have to search around still.

well allright

What would be the best way to convert from .mp4 to .wmv?

Or is there some other way I can get my mp4 videos to play on my xbox 360?

What would be the best way to convert from .mp4 to .wmv?

Or is there some other way I can get my mp4 videos to play on my xbox 360?
The very first section of applications is what you are looking for. Any of them can convert. Magic Video was the last one on that list.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom