Recommended Software for certain tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
WinAmp does both and in this thread here:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f12/whats-your-favorite-media-player-171217/

Shows that many people do use WinAmp for both audio and video. ;) I use WinAmp, Zune or WMP which does both to play my audio and video. Why bother getting a audio specific app when there are apps out there already that do both. Getting foobar would mean that you would have to find a video player. Then you would get one that can do both so why use the single one?

I will add it.

Again, winamp is a jack of all trades, ace of none. Hence why I have not found a multi-player that does it well enough for me to use. Anyway, it was just a suggestion, I'm sure there are billions of people who aren't audiophiles and can't tell the difference.

My favorite combo is foobar and VLC personally.

I use WMP for playing videos and itunes for audio, some video files and I do use it for burning an audio cd.

Sorry, I came back and read my last post and it came off a little strong, apologies, and it's too late to edit it as well.

Here's a better reason for my choice:

There are many multi players and they all have their pros and cons. But using a stand alone for both audio and video, I have found that foobar and vlc play their respective formats better and with using less system resources than anything else around. foobar's tweaking and customization abilities alone make it a very nice player, let alone the more in depth eq and sound quality. And for video, VLC just plainly plays almost anything you throw at it out of the box (so to speak).

We are all entitled to our opinion. While you choose stand alone's many do not. So there is nothing to apologize for.

At first i created this for mainly Video stuff. I will create seperate groups for Avuio now as well. That way we can suggest any and all apps. that way everyone will be happy.

What would be a free equivalent to ANYDvd for stripping copy protection so i can finally rip all of my DVD's to the media pc. ANYDvd is kind of expensive.

DVDDecrypter is a good ripper; not sure all what formats it can rip in, because I haven't used it for a while.

What would be a free equivalent to ANYDvd for stripping copy protection so i can finally rip all of my DVD's to the media pc. ANYDvd is kind of expensive.

dvd shrink, dvd decrypter and ripit4me with nero together do everything that anydvd can do, but it isn't a one step affair like anydvd and nero recode. with anydvd installed it decrypts in the background so you can open nero recode and burn away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom