Recommendations for Password Manager Software/Service

GLaDOS

In Runtime
Hello everyone,

I am in need of a password manager - I simply have too many different passwords these days and would love to have some kind of software or service that would securely store my password/login combos and insert them into sites for me (rather than trusting the browser to save my login credentials). I have looked at a few services and software and would love your reviews of them or recommendations for other options. The ones I have looked at are:

LastPass
https://lastpass.com/

1Password
https://agilebits.com/onepassword

KeePass
KeePass Password Safe

Any recommendations you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends (and the Olympics if you are watching!)

Yeah, LastPass seemed highly recommended but everything I read. But don't you worry about having your passwords stored on some server somewhere. I know it is highly-encrypted and only you have the key, but if they did get hacked and the passwords were cracked, it's game over for your credit and bank accounts (assuming you use lastpass for all your logins - i.e. bank). That's the only thing that really makes me hesitant. Does that make people who use it hesitant, too or is there something I am missing?

You usually wouldn't put your bank and credit card account information on there. Just everything else, different forums, facebook, etc.

You usually wouldn't put your bank and credit card account information on there. Just everything else, different forums, facebook, etc.

Just different websites. if you wanted to be really safe go buy a titanium safe, write the passwords down on paper and lock them in. But that's a bit overkill for what we're talking about. Personally I don't use any software like this however Last Pass is highly recommended by many people and has been reviewed by a number of sites so I would go with that.

Back
Top Bottom