Realplayer Icon changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty61

Solid State Member
Until recently all of my multimedia files (mpeg, avi, mp3 etc.) displayed the Real player icon. Suddenly they all reverted to the default windows icon. I tried changing the file association by right clicking on one of the files and changing properties, then ticking the ALL FILES box, but that didn't work. I then tried reloading RealPlayer(v10) and associating all media files with it but that didn't work either. All of the files launch Realplayer okay when double clicked, just don't display the Realplayer icon. Same for Media Player 9 if I try the same. Any ideas?

Monty61 said:
Until recently all of my multimedia files (mpeg, avi, mp3 etc.) displayed the Real player icon. Suddenly they all reverted to the default windows icon. I tried changing the file association by right clicking on one of the files and changing properties, then ticking the ALL FILES box, but that didn't work. I then tried reloading RealPlayer(v10) and associating all media files with it but that didn't work either. All of the files launch Realplayer okay when double clicked, just don't display the Realplayer icon. Same for Media Player 9 if I try the same. Any ideas?

did you upgrade your os?

Did not upgrade OS. Don't really want to. Shouldn't think I'd need to, but that is the obvious next step.

Monty61 said:
Did not upgrade OS. Don't really want to. Shouldn't think I'd need to, but that is the obvious next step.

I did not say upgrade your os, I said did you?
the reason I ask this is because when I did, it changed some of mine

X-setup

Thanks Major. Have downloaded x-setup but can't find any reference to Icon cache.

OK, I started X-Setup, and couldn't fid it either...
I think I meant something else
But I found an option u can try:
Make sure u start X-Setup in classic mode
go to
-appearance/interface/icons/"reset icon customizations"

there are 2 option u can try
-"reset ALL shell icon customizations"
-"clean up uneccessary shell icon entries"

I would try the second first and reboot a few times.

I t could mess up some other icons as well...so maybe u have to re-assign lots of icons afterwards

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom