Really crazy computer problem - computer thinks I have no Network or Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renih

Beta member
Clearly I have a network card (I'm using the internet right now to post on this forum), and seeing as I can play all my games just fine I clearly have my graphics card (and I can access my software to modify settings on my graphics card).

Yet... Windows tells me when I try to update my graphics drivers that I don't have a card, and that it can't continue!

Also when trying to set up a "Home or Small office network" blah blah... it tells me I don't have a network card!

I thought I'd try to do a "Windows Repair" installation from my Windows XP Home disc... so I booted up the disc, went through the process, and what does it tell me? That apperantly, I don't have a Hard Disk Drive.

When I click on "My Computer" it does the little flashlight searching thing for 2-3 minutes... it never used to do that. It just spontaniously started doing this a few months ago. Seeing as everything's worked fine, I can play my games, use the internet, etc. I've just left it. But I'm getting nervous that I've gone so long not being able to update my graphics drivers.

Does anyone know what the problem could possibly be?

My best suggestion is for a clean install. Something went haywire on your system, who knows where to start. Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

When I went to do a "Repair Installation" after booting with my Windows XP Home CD my computer could not find any HDD's and thus couldn't continue. I can only assume that if I tried to do a full new install I would run the same problem by booting from my CD ROM...

Oh wow, and in attempting to paste this screenshot apperantly Paint takes 5 minutes to load as well. Really weird :(

Attachments

• no-network-card.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 43
No, Windows XP Home w/ SP2 I believe
I get the exact same error message when I try to update my graphics drivers (cannot find hardware)

did you try installing via hardware manager and just path it out directly to the driver file (bypass the executable driver install)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom