Ready to Jump Off The Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helixxxer

Baseband Member
OK. So, my old computer, an hp Pavilion which I had bought from tigerdirect online, came with Windows XP home edition on it. Recently I have upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, case, processor... basically a whole new computer minus my graphics card and the hard drive. I finally got everything set up and I turn it on and it starts up beautifully! Then, I try to log into to Windows under my name. It begins to log in and then stops and says that I have to register the product. Fine. My room (where the computer is) doesn't have an internet connection so I choose the option of registering over the phone. I call and read the 9 set of 6 digit numbers (yes that's 54 numbers) key to the machine over the phone. When I get done, it checks to see if my registration code works so it can give me the new key to unlock it, and it says that it is invalid! I've tried it three times in case I messed up saying one of the numbers and I read very clearly and carefully to the machine. The machine even told me I was doing good!! Anyway, I've called microsoft and hp and none of the foreign speakers could help me and they wanted to charge me $40.00 for REAL techinical support, which obviously I didn't want. They kept pointing me back to the same damn number for registration which doesn't work. All I need is the key so I can log in!! I'm thinking, if nothing else, it created some sort of key on the previous hardware and a new one on this since it saw some of the components change, but I don't understand that if I still have the same HD. Somebody help me!! I can't even purge everything and start over cuz I don't have the CDs because it came with the old computer.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks...

Where is the old computer? If the CD's came with it and you said you upgaded, you should still have them. Liz

That's the thing, the CD's didn't come with it. Unless they're still in the box which i doubt or I've misplaced them. But I have copies of Windows XP Pro and other stuff I could put on there, but I don't want to have to go through all that.

Lol. NO, I mean copies as in ligitimate forms of Windows. I have all the numbers to prove it!! I swear!!

haha ok, just don't want anybody to incriminate themselves or make cause for alarm here....it does happen too.

Yes yes, good point. I've heard of such things. Next time, a better word usage will be in order.

Call that number and speak to an actual person. tell them you upgraded your computer with better parts.

give your xp version no. in your system properties. this tells them which XP disc you using

they will give a new code. Especially if you demand it

I might have a program that will tell you your serial number let me look around and ill post again in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom