Re-install Windows XP????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re-install Windows XP????!!!!

derrmc said:
system restore will revive your system. get in the habit of creating a system restore point when everything is working right

Yeah i know....i DO make a RP about every month.....

BTW i ran Spybot_Search & Destroy.......it found 82 problems.....i think it fixxed it! the prob. i still hav is i seem to get a lot of pop-ups still.....i run adaware frequently[about everyday!] ran a couple of spyware tests and ther still ar pop-ups!!!! im ticked cuz my bro brought them wen he DL a screensaver one time! i had fixxed it perfectly den he screwed it UP! ohhh welll! ;) thanxxx guys!:D

Use ad-aware and see if it doesnt find a few things the other missed. Often time one will find what the other missed.......and hey they are free so why not be sure. Check msconfig for anything that is loading there that you dont want also. For the popups get SP2 installed or download a popup stopper...........there are a bunch of freebies out there that work ok...............VSTK

I would start over from the beginning and reinstall xp and do this

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=199430#post199430

the number 1 reason that I advise on partitioning a hard drive is

it is easy to reinstall windows and your programs

it is not easy to recover your data (especially if your computer lock up on you) so you can can your data on 1 drive and OS on another

major truth be told. I have notice any increase in speed by putting it there . but i have read many books and magazines that say it does. so i just put it there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom