random win xp questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
i have a couple random XP questions -

my current desktop background was a nice picture i saw somewhere online so i rightclicked and selected set as background. now if i rightclick the desktop and goto properties this shows up as internet explorer wallpaper. is there some way to save it so that i can change my background now, but can come back to if when i want to?

while we're at it does anyone know of any good sites for good desktop backgrounds? ive tried googling on and off for years but havent come across as anything awesome yet. i want some nice beach backgrounds or tropical paradises. i saw some good thumbnails on webshots but when you open them they're no where as nice as they appear when minimized.

also when im in win explorer i like to see my icons grouped by type. i keep changing the view to group similar icons together, but it keeps changing back to being put in some other order, i think alphabetical. is there some master setting i need to change? why does my change not get registered permanently?

thanks!
dan

1. right click the pic in i and save it to desktop
2.webshots and torrents
3. folder options. it has a setting there to keep your folder view. it will apply to all folders though

Whatever you do, DONT install anything webshots asks you too. That website will put so much crapware on your computer you'll be cleaning it up for weeks.

1. right click the pic in i and save it to desktop
2.webshots and torrents
3. folder options. it has a setting there to keep your folder view. it will apply to all folders though

1. i put the pic as my background a long time ago. no idea which website i went to. so cant do that.

2. torrents? i know what torrents are but dont know what this response means.

3. the folder option i saw just sets this folders selection to all folders. that may or may not be OK but im asking how do i make my changes permanent as opposed to just for that session. or lets just say i want a certain folder to view by type and another folder to view by name. once i make the changes they disappear after i close win exp. how would i make the changes permanent and diff for certain folders.

high res wallpapers - Google Image Search

But Eric is right. Torrents are the best place to get high res wallpapers.

As for the folder options. If you go to the place Eric said and do what he said it will be permanent. It isnt jsut for that session and will go back after you restart. That is how it will ALWAYS look.

if you want them to show up in your display properties, copy them to your C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper folder

>torrents are the best spot to get spyware and virus free high res wallpaper

i dont get it. which torrent sites, what should i search for?

>As for the folder options. If you go to the place Eric said and do what he >said it will be permanent. It isnt jsut for that session and will go back after >you restart. That is how it will ALWAYS look.

that will apply the SAME setting to all folders. i dont want that. as i said above i want some folders grouped by application type, and some alphabetical.

I just use Torrents Search Engine since it's kind of a google equivalent for torrents (its a torrent search engine). Search just like you would google: "high res wallpapers" "<insert subject here> wallpapers"

>torrents are the best spot to get spyware and virus free high res wallpaper

i dont get it. which torrent sites, what should i search for?

>As for the folder options. If you go to the place Eric said and do what he >said it will be permanent. It isnt jsut for that session and will go back after >you restart. That is how it will ALWAYS look.

that will apply the SAME setting to all folders. i dont want that. as i said above i want some folders grouped by application type, and some alphabetical.

Use ISOHunt or other torrent search sites and search for what you want. Wallpapers.

As for the fodler thing. Apply it to all folders then go into the ones you want changed and change them. They will stay the way you want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom