Random websites work, updates to programs don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Ok, briefly... I can't update any programs, spyware, etc.. I downloaded it and was going to run it to see if there was crap on here.. but I can't upload to even run it.. so any Ideas would be great.

One of her problems is that she can get to wellsfargo, but after typing in her account and pass, it won't log in.. no it's not a site problem.

Thanks =)

Whoa calm down and try to give us some more information. What did you download, what are you trying to upload and what program are you using to do this :confused: What programs are you trying to update from and to. Make sure in the Start/Run services.msc section, windows installer isn't set to disabled.

If some sort of antispyware program you downloaded isn't installing, tell us what it is, it says, or how you tried to install and run it. Nowadays you really should have at least 2 antispyware programs and a firewall, even free ones.
If you've got the know how which I assume from your no. posts, close dodgy looking programs from the task manager. If you have access to another computer, have you tried hooking you hard drive via ide/sata to another computer and scanning your drive with FULLY updated Ad-aware/spybot S&D/microsft antispware beta and then a virusscanner from that other computer. After all that try to P.M. me a hijackthis log.
With the wells fargo login problem, what browser are you running; IE/Firefox/netscape etc and do the logins fail on multiple browsers? Has she tried logging in from another known secure computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom