Random Restarts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Sir Timothy
Hi guys, long time!!

Basically, my pc keeps crashing for no apparent reason!
Everything freezes for a few seconds, then restart.
No errors or anything :/ Windows says its recovered from an unexpected shutdown, and can't find a reason.

Only thing I've noticed is that the cursor often appears slightly odd, like just the top bit is repeated several times.... I'll try and make a picture :p

Thanks for any help, its a complete pain :/

This is what the cursor looks like...
cursor.png

*** Specs :p

Windows7 HP 64bit. The rest in the sig

is there anything specific you where doing when it crashed? like downloading something? or using a specific program? Try clearing the cmos on your mobo. also did you try booting into safe mode?

Nope, seems to be completely random. Just browsing online, playing a game (BF2, nothing intensive :p )

I will try that next time it crashes! :p

Safe Mode seems pointless, it can be on for hours and be fine...

C:\Windows\Minidump

Do you have any files located in there?

Also would recommend doing this:
Start > right click Computer > properties > Advanced System Settings on the left hand side > Under 'Startup and recovery' click Settings > under System failure, uncheck 'automatically restart' > Hit OK on all open dialog boxes.

Next time it crashes, it should hopefully give you a BSOD. There will be a message in all caps at the top (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL), and a STOP error code at the bottom, with possibly a driver or other file listed at the bottom. Can give us this information as well, and we can attempt to diagnose it from there (in the future).

Use WinRar to archive them and then upload them to a file hosting site. Sites like Badongo or SendSpace, or RapidShare or any site that will allow you to upload files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom