Random Reboots with no BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Squad

Beta member
My 8 year old computer is currently experiencing some problems as it spontaneously reboots without warning somewhat constantly now.

It started a little bit after my internet started going on the fritz and is constantly going down(though I have a temporary solution for each time I lose connection).

I looked up the file name on google and only 2 hits came up(this website being the first one and most accurate). The file that I get (and used to find this website) is called C:\...\Temp\WERe4b6.dir00 though the most important part being the WERe___. In the previous thread like this there really wasn't a solution that I could use. Though it was stated that is just a dump thread

I have not downloaded any new programs or installed any new hardware recently. I do not have any way of determining the heat of the tower, though I doubt it is the problem because the computer is still works fine after these reboots. It might just be that the computer is old and something got shot and causes the failure from time to time.

[edit]Problem found[/edit]

Hi,

Sounds like a classic heat problem to me... i really would check the heat out. you can install a heat monitor program to determine what sort of balance you get, try speedfan or motherboard monitor, you can pretty much google some freeware to do it.

Possible memory issue if you're losing other programs as well, but i'd start with heat. its usually always heat.

Yea, Open it up and give all the heatsinks n fans a good blast with compressed air... put a cloth over your face tho, and wear goggles... you are about to witness 8 years of dead skin, dust, hair and other random debris :silent:

Thanks for the website. It does appear to be overheating :X. I'll be turning it off and dust it out asap and not use it until it cleaned.

My 8 year old computer is currently experiencing some problems as it spontaneously reboots without warning somewhat constantly now.

That could be part of the problem right there. Computers are not built to last forever. They will break down from wear and tear after time. 8 years is a good amount of time to get out of a PC.

But that aside, when was the last time you reinstalled the OS, checked for updated drivers, checked the hardware to make sure it was in good working condition and not just functioning?

I have installed speedfan(temperature as I write this is about 38C) so heating is not the problem(using an Pentium(R)4 which is said to operate 'good' at 60C). Though as Sheepykins has also mentioned and my friend's techie wiz have said this is a power failure. It is due to the battery pack being almost dead. When my friend looked inside(to clean it out as it was thought to be a heat issue) everything looked very good inside(aside from a minimal amount of dust) and all the fans were working. I have accepted my battery pack being almost dead as the truth and will be replacing this desktop with a new laptop fairly soon. Thank you for your replies as it is much obliged.

Thread resurrection... My microsoft windows error reporting has indicated to me that this is an issue that deals with networking, which has been haywire by randomly disconnecting constantly. So I guess the search for the solution continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom