random reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I never get to see the stop error because I'm never at my comp when it crashes. It crashes at least once per day and reboots itself, upon reboot windows informs me of a device error/stop error. The problem is it does not say what device driver is causing the crashes and it also doesn't give me the stop error.

Help me find out what driver is causing these crashes. I have uninstalled/registry cleaned/and reinstalled the video drivers so far and to no avail.

XP Home SP2
512x2 DDR
Asus 6800
Gigabyte K8U mobo

Any suggestions on how find out what's going on?

I have uninstalled/registry cleaned/and reinstalled the video drivers so far and to no avail.

I don't want to uninstall/reinstall drivers until I get the right one. Is there a record or log from the crash that I can access somehow?

Ahhhh, you may be right after all, even though I reinstalled my video card drivers, I got a lot of artifacts this morning when I booted up my machine, so I had to reboot and all is well so far.

This is my 3rd Asus 6800, since they had to replace the thing twice already (a 600 dollar card when new). But the card is now 3 years old now so I guess I'll stick in my Evga 6200 and see how things fair for me.

After installing my backup 6200, the crashes stopped until today. The computer just rebooted, no error message, and upon reboot I did the whole report the problem to Microsoft deal but then I got a new error, something about Application not found to even report the error in the first place.

Is there a crash log somewhere that I can find and post for you guys so we can see what's going on?

I appreciate all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom