Random crashes on a new build

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi guys,

I assembled a system that is suppose to be a dedicated security system. I am experiencing random crashes now on a consistent basis.

Also, weird yellow flags on a usb controller and wondering if that may have something to do with this problem.

Just prior to the crash, the screen will fill with black rectangles, then system freezes, then restarts.

Here's the components:

Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced - Mini-ITX Computer Case
Intel G2020 Ivy Bridge
ASRock DDR3 1333 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboards (B75M-ITX)
Corsair Vengeance RAM 1600 8GB
2-Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1850 RPM case fans
Modified ARCTIC COOLING A7P-75000023 92mm CPU Cooler [will shave/mill 5/8" off the top]
PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 400W Modular Power Supply
Intel 160GB SSD
Seagate 4TB HDD
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

And I am attaching the yellow flagged stuff. Can someone please help me with this?

Soar

Attachments

• controllers.PNG
    controllers.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
That doesn't tell us that you have installed the latest chipset drivers. Telling us the order you go about an install isn't what was suggested or implied. Can you say for sure and 100% certainty that there is no updated driver between now and the time you did this install of Windows.

After all you don't give us a time frame from when you installed Windows either. So it is only safe to assume that there could be an update.

The SM Bus Controller is controlled by the chipset drivers. So if the newest ones are the ones you have installed and you get this error, try and older set. Could be a problem with the new set of drivers. Have you checked the ASRock website forums and see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues? Have you checked there to see if there is any reports of the drivers being buggy?

Right now you have to find a set of chipset drivers that don't cause this issue. If all of them do, then that is a serious issue. A clean install of Windows might give you a generic driver. But if that still doesn't do anything, I would consider that maybe the mobo has gone bad or the connection for the SM Bus has. I would look into an RMA.

That doesn't tell us that you have installed the latest chipset drivers. Telling us the order you go about an install isn't what was suggested or implied. Can you say for sure and 100% certainty that there is no updated driver between now and the time you did this install of Windows.

After all you don't give us a time frame from when you installed Windows either. So it is only safe to assume that there could be an update.

The SM Bus Controller is controlled by the chipset drivers. So if the newest ones are the ones you have installed and you get this error, try and older set. Could be a problem with the new set of drivers. Have you checked the ASRock website forums and see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues? Have you checked there to see if there is any reports of the drivers being buggy?

Right now you have to find a set of chipset drivers that don't cause this issue. If all of them do, then that is a serious issue. A clean install of Windows might give you a generic driver. But if that still doesn't do anything, I would consider that maybe the mobo has gone bad or the connection for the SM Bus has. I would look into an RMA.

KSoD,

Thanks for the good info. Interesting enough, when I attempt to install the chipset drivers, I receive a message that says my existing drivers are newer!

I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on the rig immediately after building it [5 days ago].

I will check the ASRock forums for more info.

I am beginning to think it may be a MB issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

I just posted the problem at TweakTown forum in the ASRock section too.

Thanks,

Soar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom