Random Clicking in Microsoft Word

Lirius

Beta member
So I've been getting very annoyed with this. I'll be typing in Microsoft Word, and the cursor automatically clicks elsewhere and so I'll start type there. I have turned off my touch pad on my laptop, and turned off my wireless mouse, and it still does it. If I have the cursor hovered over another part of the page it clicks there. If I have it hovered over my desktop, it will go to the desktop and I will stop being able to type on Word completely until I bring that to being my current program again. If I put my cursor over the scroll bar, it will make Word lag as I continue typing and I have to stop and start again.

I am a fast typist, and Word will sometimes lag on keeping up to date with something like my word count or the words being typed out, the cursor will flicker, and it will click off somewhere. It seems to do it I think as it auto-saves the document... and again, it's getting really annoying. Any ideas?

I'm on an HP Laptop, Windows 7 with Microsoft 2010.

Try downloading the latest touchpad drivers for your mouse, and then uninstall your current mouse drivers (wifi mouse and touchpad). Then either navigate with the keyboard to the folder where your touchpad drivers are located, or use another mouse (try not to use the wireless mouse you were just using to make sure that it's not that).

Back
Top Bottom