Ran hard drive test. Is hard drive good?

EricB

Chillin Techie
I use a program that I'm not not familiar with because Hitachi test software don't even recognize it's own driver.

The Read test, Read verify test and Smart immediate test failed while the Mechanical stress test, Internal cache test and Smart short test passed

Does this mean the hard drive is bad?

Heya Eric, haven't seen you around in quite a while.

What program was it that you ran?

I would say that no matter what the software was, if the read test and the read verify test both failed that the hard drive is on its way out. I would highly suggest backing up that data before it is too late.

Could always run SeaTools, or even the lowest setting on Spinrite, just to verify that the drive is having issues, since you're unfamiliar with the software.

Been good, busy with work and school; how about you?

Spinrite could not find the drive either.

I've lost 80lbs. Getting off the computer and the TV has now given me a life. I still fix them but I'm enjoying the world more

Can SeaTools (boot disk or Windows) find the drive? Odd that spinrite couldn't find it. Was that other program the only one that was able to see the drive? If so... I'd pry have to agree that the drive is indeed dead.

You mean there's a life outside? :omg:
Ha.. Glad to hear you're doing good man.

SPinRite not finding it is pretty clear indication that the drive is dying.

Its good to hear about that stuff man. Some of us have had no choice but to slow down and sit in front of the TV more. :lol: Youngins kinda do that to you when your not made of cash to go out everyday. But it is great to hear from ya and know you doing alright.

Lol. I had to get active to keep up with my teenage youngins

Yep it was the only program to find it. I didn't use the seagate one though. It's a known issue at Hitachi that it can't find the drive if it has that certain intel chip

Back
Top Bottom