ram format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StyleZz

Baseband Member
is there any sort of things that could possibly format ram, or something that would fix some sort of ram corruption. any sort of prog. like that?

Ram corruption is Hardware related if it exists. It can't be "reformated". Ram Contains no software as it is unstable, meaning has no long term storage.

i agree. If ram corruption has occured it would be do to a bad ram module making it a hardware related issue. Ram could never have software just because it is random acess. You never kno where it will strike nexxt

Not true XT. You have Ram drives. You can add data and run programs from them. They just don't stay active after you reboot. You have to rebuild them. hell, if you had enough Ram and could keep power to it, you could install your OS on it. That would be fast....

you cannot format ram only disks hard or soft (or in between :) ). inaris is pointing you in the right direct with memtest. that will determine if you have physically bad RAM or if you have some sort of software problem. there are other free apps out there besides memtest that i have heard of.

when you say ram corruption, what is the exact error message you are receiving?

hmmm, there is lots, like say, on some configs on the CAS# there is an error with SERVICES.EXE, other are just that i wont be able to install things, (such as windows 2k, cant update CS, cant extract things, and other things), also there are lots of random restarts and restarts instead of shutdowns. (man my PC has lots of problems..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom