Raid Drivers not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDSCOrPiO

Daemon Poster
I set up the array (raid0)
start the windows installation process and press f6 and load the drivers
After windows is done formatting and copying the files over it reboots like usual but then when it goes back to finish the process it blue screens at the windows loading bar.

When it starts copying the files it says it cant find the raid drivers, like nvraid.dll and what not. Im sure this is the problem but donno how to fix it.

Motherboard: Asus m2n-e sli
Processor: AMD Athlon 5000+ black edition
Hard Drives: Seagate baracuda Sata2

The problem is that it isnt copying over the RAID files when it is setting up. That is why upon the restart it bluescreen's and gives the error message that it can not find the RAID Controller drivers.

Are you trying XP or Vista with this?

Trying it with xp, its sata as mentioned above.

When its looking for the files when its in the copying stage it doesn't even sound like its looking on the floppy drive, just comes up with the error (for several files) and says insert the cd labeled Windows Xp blahblahblah

I didn't see sata mentioned

I set up the array (raid0)
start the windows installation process and press f6 and load the drivers
After windows is done formatting and copying the files over it reboots like usual but then when it goes back to finish the process it blue screens at the windows loading bar.

When it starts copying the files it says it cant find the raid drivers, like nvraid.dll and what not. Im sure this is the problem but donno how to fix it.

Motherboard: Asus m2n-e sli
Processor: AMD Athlon 5000+ black edition
Hard Drives: Seagate baracuda Sata2

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-keep-winxp-really-fast-stable-156582/

Read thru the topic there. Eric gives a solution on how to get your Drivers slipstreamed into your XP Disc to prevent errors like this.

yes, this will work. the hard drive name won't help you. the sata controller name will. once xp recognize the controller it will automatically see the hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom