RAID 0 on Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hey Guys

My birthday is coming up, so among other things, i am getting a 750GB HDD for my videos, leaving me with 2 500GB drives. i cant really allocate space between them for programs and documents, since thats too much hassle, and they alone arent enough for me spacewise (dont ask....im a HDD spaceaholic).

The question here is will i be able to use Vista x64 RAID drivers on an installation of windows server 2008 while installing in order to create a RAID 0 array for my main OS partition (for gaming etc) using my 500GB Hard drives?

I've tried going RAID before on XP x64 but never really bothered since i didnt have an FDD at home (yeah im too cool for that kind of junk :freak: ) but vista accepts USB memory stick drivers, which is perfect for moi....

So....for those of you just reading the last line: Will I be able to use Vista x64 RAID drivers for my Asus P5N-D to create a recognised RAID array for server 2008?

Specs Below....enjoy....

Yes you should be able to use the Vista 64 Drivers with Server 08. As they are very close to being the same OS.

Cheers Mak! much appreciated.....now finally i can see what all the hubbub about RAID is really about :p

Plus this saves the effort of my sorting out my files into 3 HDDs....now just 2 see-able drives (750GB for media, 2x500GB for games, OS and programmes)

Thanks for the vote of confidence too nagasama!

If the Vista Driver doesnt work you could try the XP driver as well. If there is one. I know that there are some chances of that working as well.

hehe i do know that much about RAID.... i intend to copy all valuable photographs to my sister's pc as well as mine anyways, but i do intend to store all schoolwork and pics on the 750GB drive and keep stuff like CD backups and games on my RAID array....mainly because the array would then hve a good 64Mb of Cache, which helps :)

hehe i cant afford not to keep backups....the sheer possibility of losing a picture of me posing in ancient cambodian temples is too much for me to bear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom