R52 Docking station(could be an xp problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steak1986

Baseband Member
I have a docking station that is built for a R52, and a bunch of other models. Recently one of our people at the office had her docking station ~failed. What I mean by ~failed, is that the keyboard still works(PS/2) but none of the usb ports work, the laptop recieves no power even though it is plugged in. I recently took a look at it and was unable to explain it, After talking with my boss we thought the docking station died, even though this didnt seem possible, so we bought a new docking station, same model number and everything. After plugging in the laptop, we are still having the same issues with a new docking station and power cord. I also tested the old laptop with a different computer, but it was the same model number, an R52. I also updated the bios, since after a google search supposedly a bios update fixed the usb problem, but it was a no go. I am very confused with this problem, as I thought a new docking station would fix it. Anyone have any ideas on this?

the laptop receives no power even though it is plugged in.

To me this statement rings out more than anything. If the laptop is not receiving power then how do you know the laptop has not died? It could be the laptop is dead. You make no reference that the laptop at all works. Just that no matter how many different docking stations you use i wont work. So this leads me to believe that the laptop itself is dead. Not the docking stations.

Have you done any diagnostic work on the laptop to see if it is indeed a working laptop? Have you put other laptops on the old and new docking station to confirm they work?

Deleted the other thread.

Have you put other laptops on the old and new docking station to confirm they work?
Definite steps to take, as well as trying the problem lappy on a different dock besides the two in question. Rule out the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom