Quicktime at startup.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifreak3

In Runtime
So I know that whenever you open up Quicktime it will automatically place itself into your startup folder. So, everytime I visit a page with a quicktime movie, quicktime will automatically put itself back in my startup folder even after I remove it from mscnofig and choose to permanently delete it from my startup using microsoft antispyware. Is there anyway that I can have quicktime not automatically load into my system tray when I boot up??

I don't want to just "hide" the icon from myself, knowing that quicktime is still there lurking in the background though sucking up resources so that it can open .1 seconds quicker than if it wasn't wasting them. Will this fix make it also not use any resources?

Uninstall Quicktime. From there go to this site and download Quicktime Alternative. It will allow you to watch Quicktime files without having Quicktime installed. It will also save from having Quicktime at startup and any other time.

fifreak3 said:
I don't want to just "hide" the icon from myself, knowing that quicktime is still there lurking in the background though sucking up resources so that it can open .1 seconds quicker than if it wasn't wasting them. Will this fix make it also not use any resources?

I think it also disables Quicktime starting at boot up. I cannot remember ever having Quicktime in my startup programs.

That quicktime alternative would be fine but quicktime is always installed when you install itunes, and I use and update itunes whenever possible.

Hey Mikee, I've done that but it replaces itself there everytime it is reopened.

How did you get your buttons to look so cool like that in your picture of msconfig? I tried but couldn't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom