Quicktime MOV Codec for Windows 7??

flamethrow

Solid State Member
Where can I find a MOV Codec that lets me play my .mov files and import them into Adobe Premiere CS5.5?

Its really frustrating, I even re-installed QuickTime but nothing works. I don't really know anything about Codecs and stuff. I need these files to video edit with because its apart of my coursework.

Any alternatives would be much appreciated!

You can try the K-Lite codec pack
Download K-Lite Codec Pack

Thanks for the reply, have just tried it now and the only thing it has done is given the MOV. files thumbnails of the videos.

Whenever I try to open them, it comes up with the same error message about components missing. I even tried importing them into Premiere again but it says the same thing like"Codec missing or unavailable".

.MOV files should already be supported in CS5.5
How to Import Video into Adobe Premiere Pro
would this .MOV file have any copy right protection on it?
You can try VLC media player and see if your video will work with that
VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

No, they aren't copyrighted because the footage has been shot from a camera. I'm a Media student, so I'm actually creating short film. I think another problem could that they were originally imported onto a Mac and I just copied them over onto a USB.

I have tried VLC player, it works to play them but doesn't help to import them. I wonder if there's a video converter that can convert them. The only thing I have found so far that works is the Calibrated Software Codec, the problem here is it costs nearly hundred quid.

Back
Top Bottom