Quicktime: Error 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini94

Beta member
I uninstalled Quicktime and re-installed and still get this message when I try to install: Error 46 Could not load or find the Quicktime ActiveX Control.

I also get about 4 error 1904's. It says faied to register some .dll extensions.

Then Quicktime installs but will not open or work properly. It gives the same messages when I try to open QT. Can anyone help??? I have tried many things already and am at a loss.

No, it just does it with Quicktime. It seems to have something to do with the Quicktime registry.

And, yes, I am fully updated with all Windows updates.

thanks

Any Resolution for Error 46?

Was this issue ever resolved? I get the same errors (46 and 1904) when I try to install QuickTime. I've tried the version bundled with iTunes and the standalone version and get the error everytime. I've completely uninstalled iTunes, QuickTime, and iPod but each time I reinstall, I get the same errors. Can anyone help?

Thanks. I've already tried unistalling QuickTime, iTunes, and iPod but each time I try to reinstall I get error codes 46 and 1904 again. Any thoughts?

do you have the k-lite, kazaa lite or quicktime alternative (which is not quicktime) installed on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom