QuickBooks Installation Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnms238

Solid State Member
Greetings, Tech Forum members!

I'm having a problem installing QuickBooks. The exact version I'm trying to use is QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 7.0 The computer that it's being installed on is a Dell PowerEdge 2900 server running Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003. The Windows installation is fresh and fully patched.

Whenever I insert the QuickBooks CD, the autorun fails to start. The mouse cursor simply changes to looking busy in the background for a moment, then nothing. The same thing happens if I explore the CD in My Computer and double-click the Setup.exe file in the root of the disk. If I navigate to a subdirectory within the CD (D:\Setup\QBooks), there is another Setup.exe file that will fire up if I double-click it. The setup routine it starts up, however, will only get to the screen where I'm asked to provide my Source and Offer codes. When I click Next on that screen, I am told that an internal error has occurred, and the setup routine crashes. Furthermore, if you reboot the server, or simply log off and log back on, then when the computer finishes loading you are presented with Windows's trust error reporting, saying that the QB installation encountered a serious error, and you should very much send the data to Microsoft (because it will produce results...really).

I've attempted several things to troubleshoot the issue. I've disabled all startup programs (didn't touch the services), I've uninstalled the Internet Explorer high-security configuration, and I've tried rebooting into Safe Mode. On that last one, it looked for all the world like the installation would complete successfully if the Windows Installer service was running.

I've called Intuit no fewer than three times about this, and received three different and useless answers. I'm hoping you all can give me the magical info I need. Please?

I dropped the installation disk into a random workstation running Windows XP Professional SP2, and though I didn't go through with it all the way, it seems to me that it ran flawlessly. I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that it isn't compatible with SBS 2003, and that makes me a sad panda.

Regardless of the outcome, I appreciate you taking the time to post and help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom