Quick Launch Won't Stay On Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxmiddi44

Beta member
When ever i check quick launch and lock the tastbar and restart/shutdown my computer it is gone the next time i turn it on. I cant get it to just stay there.
im not sure what to do thx

Had that problem before, i think its to do with spyware. Just reload windows over the top, that will fix it.

I too have been having this problem, in addition I was unable to install the IE7 upgrade. The error message given by the upgrade was to look at certain registry entries. Even though I am the administrator I received a error when I tried to open the registry entries listed as well as some of the other registry entries. I realized that I did not have the right permissions to open the files. I searched the we until I found this web site

Aaron Stebner's WebLog : Solving setup errors by using the SubInACL tool to repair file and registry permissions

in here Aaron Stebner describes how to restore permission to the registry for the administrator. I tried it and it worked, I was able to install IE7 and the Quick Launch stays active. I did a Google search on SubInACL and registry permissions which resulted in more examples of how to fix the registry problems. I hope this helps you as much as it did me.
:)

Sound sliek spyware/virus related. Google for HiJack this and post a log.

It could also be that your system is not saving your profile when you shut down. That would also cause this issue.

Lol, Mak..this is an uber-necro post... Original post date: 08-08-2004, 09:02 PM

Oops. Didnt read the OP date. Just saw that it was bumped. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom