A question thats been lingering at the back of my head...

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
Ok, well when i down load various..lets just say programs that are rar'd into several different parts, when downloaded they are sometimes corrupted when i try to extract them as one, now i have a few rar'd ones that are in parts that are not corrupted, if these non corrupted ones are extracted to many times will they eventually become corrupted?if so wat will backing up the non corrupted ones onto a dvd do?

ty in advance

Extracting a perfectly fine rar wont corrupt it no matter how many times you do it. A corrupt rar on the other hand is bad. Its really hard to fix it unless you find a noncorrupt one. Sometimes the source of corrupted so some of your downloads may be corrupted. Other times, downloading an rar might rearrange the bits and bytes, causing corruption.

I think the are corrupted when they are package like that. When I have muliple rar's, I always save them as one when the package is successfully compiled back together.

Thx guys i was just wondering whether i should have backed them up as one or still separated, i guess it doesn't really matter since i cant corrupt them once ive confirmed they work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom