Question about Word 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie_master

Baseband Member
at the bottom of the edit menu there are two options that are greyed out no matter what i do. they are LINKS and OBJECT. does anyone know what they do?

thanx, Cameron

Well since i dont have 2003 install i have the new beta i will take a guess at this.

I think that the LINKS one is if you are on a hyperlink to a website.

I think the OBJECTS part is for when you are on a picture or other object that has been inserted into the documents.

That is just a guess. I will have to check out my Office 2007 Beta see if they have anything like it.

They refer to either a copy of an object or a link to the direct object within another office suite application. Hmmmm, I suppose without getting deep into it, it's better just to try one. Open up Excel and Word in different windows. Now type something in a cell in excel. Manage both windows so that they can be seen at the same time on the screen and select the cell in which you typed text in. Now click/hold/drag the cell over to your new word document. If you did this correctly, you just created an "object" in your word document.

If you never see them active, chances are you don't use them. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom