Question About Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n3r4d3

Baseband Member
Hi all,

i recently bought a hp laptop with vista home premium, and it has the CD KEY under the laptop. i was wondering, if i were to buy a new desktop in the future, can I use the OEM CD KEY under my laptop so i do not have to buy a full version of vista again?

What i`m trying to ask is that can i install vista on multiple computers with that CD KEY? If so, how many times?

Thanks alot!

No you can not install Vista on multiple PC's with 1 OEM serial. 1 serial = 1 machine. That is spelled out in the EULA and TOS of Windows. You would have to buy a new copy.

Hello,

If you mean use the same product key to install and use Vista on multiple machines simultaneously then it will not work.

However, if you were to cease using Vista on your current system and install vista on a new computer using the product key from your old system (i.e. using the product key only on one machine at any one time), then this would work. NOTE however that while it works, Windows OEM product keys (specifically Certificate of Authenticity labels) are non-transferable, and transferring product keys is not allowed under the EULA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom