Question about vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
In the last few days I got a new laptop that has come preloaded with Vista home basic, I can recall sometime ago I read that there is something in vista the you are meant to turn off I have no idea what it is or what is dose can some one explane what it is and how do I turn it off if it would be benifical to my system.

I don't think it would be in Vista basic anyway, I've never heard of that, does anyone know about it? If they mean the aero then they are wrong for two reasons :

1) Aero barely occupys Ram and cpu usage
2) Vista basic does not have Aero.

I don't think they would possibly mean anything else except if it is something for very advanced users.

I don't think it was aero, I am sure it is something to do with file management or security.

There is nothing with in Vista Basic that you need to shut down. Settle down. The Aero effects are the biggest thing to turn off on a laptop. Vista Basic and Vista Home Hasic do not use Aero. So you are safe. There is no file management or security things you need to shut off.

Unless you mean the UAC which at that point why bother with Vista? UAC is supposted to help protect you but if you turn off the protection how can it?

Also Vista Home Basic does show Aero...it just isnt transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom