question about opening internet

brainzzz

Beta member
I've noticed that whenever I open a new tab in either a Chrome or Firefox program that has been running for hours, it begins to respond groggy and load pages slower. But opening a new window, on the other hand, performs much better. So why is it faster to open a new internet window than opening a new tab in a previously running window that has been running for let's say 8 hours, for example? Are there certain scripts that stop running which gives increase speeds?

I've noticed that whenever I open a new tab in either a Chrome or Firefox program that has been running for hours, it begins to respond groggy and load pages slower. But opening a new window, on the other hand, performs much better. So why is it faster to open a new internet window than opening a new tab in a previously running window that has been running for let's say 8 hours, for example? Are there certain scripts that stop running which gives increase speeds?

Memory leaks.

FireFox has had a memory leak since like version 2. Each tab is its own process so crating a new process initializes new memory, so then that gives it the "faster" feeling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom