The question about installed AOL Instant Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafLeaves

Baseband Member
The error Like the picture.Click the button,the installed program is over.The installed process fails.Although the AIM icon is installed on the desktop,when you click the the AIM icon ,the error dialog box like the graph will still remind me.
what shoud i do?i don't know what is the matter with my computer.My computer operating system is win2000server.
This is my first time to install AOL Instant Messenger in win2000server operating system.In the past I have installed a few times AOL Instant Messenter in win2000professional,but everything will be okey.The error like the dialog box show is my first time to meet.It is my headache.I really don't know what happen.It is really annoying.Save me,please.

Attachments

• permission 33.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 61
No, the error is getting the folder information from the pathing statements. These are located within the environment variables. The system is attempting to locate a file "GLJ1D.tmp" and then attempts to locate the file within the folders in the pathing statements. To fix this problem, that .tmp file (I have no clue what this file is) needs to be copyied to the folders specified in the error. If you don't have the error up any longer, you can locate these paths in the following manner:
Right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced Tab > Environment Variables. The variable you are looking for is "path" and the value should be all of the directories in the error message. Just copy the file to all of these folders.

Ever wonder why you can just open Start > Run and type in 'winword' or 'notepad'. The paths to these files are included in the path variable.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom