question about hierarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice hat

Beta member
i was wondering if there is a way to get rid oft folder hierarchy. i have a bunch of music files that are in individual folders acording to artist then album...wat i want to do is just have all the files in one folder if any one can give me some help to do this it whould be greatly apriciated....................also dose any one know any good programs for geting rid of duplicate files...i tride a few but they all suked???

Go to start --> Search --> Search for *.mp3, *.wma, ect ect (whatever file format your music is in.) Select all, right click, CUT, make a new folder where you want your music at, go to that folder then PASTE, that should work, it works for me. ;) As for your dupilcates, when you paste the files into your new folder, the duplicates will not get saved to that folder, simply erase all the folders that the music WAS in, and that will get rid of your duplicates.

EDIT : your duplicates MIGHT have a different file name, if they do, you'll have to go through and manually delete them, if your duplicates have 'COPY OF' you will want to search for MUSIC with the 'COPY OF' name.

thanx alot...i knew it was somthin simple like that jus couldnt think of it..but now when i try to copy the files i get an error saying Canot copy file:Canot read from the sorce file or disk and when ever i try to cut the files explorer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom