Question about efficiently moving files from multiple folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striken

Baseband Member
Q: Is there any way I can cut several files spread between multiple folders and paste them together into another folder?

Here's the story: I had a large collection of MP3's. I formatted my computer and (somehow) forgot to back them up. I thought I had blown my entire collection when I remembered I still had them on my iPod. After finding a program to rip the MP3's from off of my iPod, I had them recovered, although the file names were fairly messed up and "organized" into folders the way that iTunes does it (artist, album, song).

I want to move them all into an MP3's folder. Unfortunately going between all of these folders individually and cutting and pasting is a bit time consuming and inefficient. Just for general knowledge, and to get this little project done faster, I wanted to know if I could do this any easier.

Thanks for any help!

Click start, search, search for *.mp3 and then, once the search is done, select all the files, right click, cut, make a new folder, paste them into your new folder, and you should be done. :-D

use windows to copy your ipod back to the pc and itunes to name them right

EricB said:
this is how you get your music back to your computer from your ipod. you music isn't gone unless you use restore function on the ipod upater. update itune or your does not, I repeat does not delete your song.

setting your ipod to autosync (you should never do this on a computer with no music on it. they ask when you install itunes, if you want to enable this feature) will. you will need erd commander 2005 to recover these files if you did this

I've answered this question millions of time.

use windows to do it

IpodCopy.jpg

IpodCopy1.jpg

IpodCopy2.jpg

IpodCopy3.jpg

Head to the music folder

IpodCopy4.jpg

copy and paste the songs in the Itunes Music folder on your new computer

IpodCopy5.jpg

you have to check this for itunes to name the songs properly, otherwise it will be some
mumble jumble stuff that only Itunes will recognize

IpodCopy6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom