Question about drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcsbass

Solid State Member
I went to a site on here about over clocking. It had an address to a program about drivers.This happened to be a forum, on over clocking. The address was from here but, was another forum. The other forum said, something to do was check to make sure my drivers were up dated. Said free. I clicked on it, but didn't save it. I just ran it. It stated I needed to up date about 6 to 7 drivers. But wanted to charge for that.
Do you have to check the drivers? Ever so often? If so what is a good program or way to do it. Or a program that will, or do it all the time? :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Thanks David C Sr.

Yes Drivers are updated constantly. It is always wise to check for them on a regular basis. The best way to do it is to go to the manufacturer's website and get the drivers for your specific machine right from them.

Give us the make and model of your PC and we can get you the direct page.

eMachines Support: Product Support and Downloads

There is the exact page for your downloads. Check the drivers against your Device Manager. To get there right click on My Computer>Manage. In there on the left side click Device Manager. Use the + signs next to the devices to expand the catagory and then double click on the device to bring up the display window. From tehre click the Driver Tab and check which version it is against what they have for download.

The most common ones to get updated often are Audio, Video, Network, Modem and the Intel Chipset Utility. Check those ones out first. The Intel Chipset Utility just download and install. It cant hurt but help your system out.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom