A question about backing up of a SAS hard disk

pejvak61

Beta member
Hi everybody,
I just want to know that what is a best software for backing up a SAS hard disk that uses RAID technology?

I have Norton Ghost 15 bootable disk and I did it on sata or IDE hard drives that was not using RAID technology but I don't know what is the reaction of this software on SAS with RAID?

This server is very important for us. I have several old and important software on it and if I have to reinstall windows server caused by software problems or something else, it wont work because of software lock. I don't have any access to the company that made this software.

So, I have to backup drive C for my executive programs and when I ensure that my windows is safe i'll do my best for another parts.

Please guide me.

Thank you for your attention.

Generally RAID should be transparent to software running within the windows environment. Windows sees the RAID setup as one logical drive, you can't even go into disk manager and see all of the drives (if the RAID is setup on a hardware level and not within windows).

Backup should be seamless as well. I run RAID 1 on my home PC and use windows backup to back up to an external drive without issue.

What RAID array are you using?
RAID 1. My SAS hard drives are mirrored and currently one of them is offline because of hardware failure.
Generally RAID should be transparent to software running within the windows environment. Windows sees the RAID setup as one logical drive, you can't even go into disk manager and see all of the drives (if the RAID is setup on a hardware level and not within windows).

Backup should be seamless as well. I run RAID 1 on my home PC and use windows backup to back up to an external drive without issue.
Thanks. I thought so but I must hear your idea for ensuring that this is out of risk.
What software do you use?
Is Norton Ghost 15 enough for this purpose?

Back
Top Bottom