Question about AVI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin Uzuki

Baseband Member
Whenever I burn an AVI, it always skips on my dvd player. If I burn a BIN/CUE onto CD it doesn't skip. If I copy though to DVD ithe DVD discs do not skip. any ideas on how to correct this problem? I use Nero 7 Ultra Edition

Alcohol 120 should do the trick. AlcoholSoft offers a free trial.

Have you tried reducing the write speeds?

I always burn at the slowest speed as well as having nothing esle running or playing in the background. Thanks I'll try Alcohol.

I can't seem to get it to burn avi movies, can you please help me to figure it out? I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance.

Jin Uzuki said:
Whenever I burn an AVI, it always skips on my dvd player. If I burn a BIN/CUE onto CD it doesn't skip. If I copy though to DVD ithe DVD discs do not skip. any ideas on how to correct this problem? I use Nero 7 Ultra Edition

what kind of dvd player do you have that plays bin/ cue files?

It is a Cyberhome DVD Recorder. It Also records onto DVD + R and plays DVD - & + R discs. But whenever I burn an avi onto my discs, it always skips. But if I record tv shows onto those type of discs from my recorder they don't skip so it can't be the the discs( I believe) and whenever I play Cd which have been burned from Bin/Cue, it never skips same with copied DVD movies.

Jin Uzuki said:
It is a Cyberhome DVD Recorder. It Also records onto DVD + R and plays DVD - & + R discs. But whenever I burn an avi onto my discs, it always skips. But if I record tv shows onto those type of discs from my recorder they don't skip so it can't be the the discs( I believe) and whenever I play Cd which have been burned from Bin/Cue, it never skips same with copied DVD movies.

I understand now, I think. what are your computer specs and what part of nero are you using to burn it to dvd?

I got to Nero Smart Start, Create a Video DVD, then Add Video Files. After I select the movie I hit next and then burn, and on burn options I pick the slowest speed. I have nothing running in the background and it is a Sony Double/Dual Layer DVD/CD burner. My computer is an 80 GB HD, 526 MB DDR RAM, 1.67 Ghz Processer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom