Question about Ad Aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopenhagen

In Runtime
I use Adaware and scanned on a regular basis, however I notice that I always have hkey-local-machine/software/BTIEIN and hkey-current-user/software/BTIEIN some other ads such document and setting/administrator/cookies/administrator@valueclick...

why they are always here? is there a way to remove them permanently?
I did remove this software BTIEIN from hkey-localmachine and current user in Regedit,but they reappear again!

do you happen to have the same file or any other files after using adaware?

did you try using spybot ? i would recommend to use both spybot and adware. maybe spybot will remove them properly. just give a try.

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/huntbar.btiein/index.phtml has good info on this. It also has the following manual instructions.

Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run. (The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry editor will open.)
Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ {63B78BC1-A711-4D46-AD2F-C581AC420D41}, if it exists.
Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects \ {63B78BC1-A711-4D46-AD2F-C581AC420D41}, if it exists.
Exit the registry editor.
Restart your computer.
Start Windows Explorer and delete:
%SystemDir%\btiein.dll
Note: %SystemDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).

Spybot will check your system just like Ad aware, I use Spybot and Ad Aware together because one might miss something and the other will catch and vice versa.

I recommend Spybot, it's free or used to be.

Thanks Petogaz for your Spygot

Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ {63B78BC1-A711-4D46-AD2F-C581AC420D41}, if it exists.

Thanks for your help, I couldn't find any of this file in Regedit,BTIEIN disappears since I run Spybot! it seems to be more performant than Adaware,all the files found and deleted never came back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom