Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

albinoblackbear

Baseband Member
I bought a dell a few years ago, and now I'm sitting here ready to buy new parts for a new computer. But I just realized that I don't have an operating system for the new one. My question is, can I use the OS from my old computer on my new one?

Uhhh.... I don't know. How do I find out? Another thing, my mom just bought a new computer, could I use her OS?

Well you need to let us know what parts you are looking to buy and we can give you better feedback on what you can do. You can use your Mom's MCE to install but you will need to get a serial for it. The only way to do that is to contact M$ wither by phone or email. That will be so you can install it and activate it.

Hmmm.... this all seems too confusing, I'm just going to buy a new OS, their only about 90 bucks, I'll ask my parents if they'll pay for it as an early birthday present. Thanks anyways guys!!

albinoblackbear said:
I bought a dell a few years ago, and now I'm sitting here ready to buy new parts for a new computer. But I just realized that I don't have an operating system for the new one. My question is, can I use the OS from my old computer on my new one?
Please search the forums before you post. This question has been asked at least a thousand times before.

But I'll be nice, just this once...

The answer to your question is....in the EULA. Read it.

Sorry!! I looked through the last few pages just in case, didn't see anything. I'll search next time. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom