qos packet stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
so i was reading about this little feature- qos packet scheduler(quality of service), i read that even when its disabled it reserves 20% of ur bandwidth for it which is retarded, also read that typing gpedit in the run box u can change the reserve down to 0 well im guessing that only applies to xp pro cuz i dont have that in xp home so how do i get to the reserve settings stuff in home, anyone know as im sure alot of ppl will b very happy to reclaim 20% more bandwidth they didnt even know they were losing and for u ppl with pro try it out just look for the reserve settings stuff and change it to 0 from what ive read, happy Easter

anybody? i want more bandwidth if its really stealing it from me, i uninstalled qos packet scheduler from the tcp/ip properties but i dunno if this enough. help

i just ended up disabling the service for it and uninstalling it from the tcp/ip properties, heres a little more info originally posted by killians45 in another thread,

QoS RSVP
Function - Quality Of Service - quite useful for services that use it used for network balancing and other nifty things to make "your internet experience as wonderful as possible". Quite good then that this service eats 25% of your bandwidth doing it and hardly anything actually makes use of it.

neversleeps said:
so i was reading about this little feature- qos packet scheduler(quality of service), i read that even when its disabled it reserves 20% of ur bandwidth for it which is retarded, also read that typing gpedit in the run box u can change the reserve down to 0 well im guessing that only applies to xp pro cuz i dont have that in xp home so how do i get to the reserve settings stuff in home, anyone know as im sure alot of ppl will b very happy to reclaim 20% more bandwidth they didnt even know they were losing and for u ppl with pro try it out just look for the reserve settings stuff and change it to 0 from what ive read, happy Easter
Yes, you must have XP pro.
Go to "Run" box. Type gpedit.msc.
The "Group policy" window will appear. Then go to:
Computer configuration --> Administratives Templates --> Network --> QoS packet scheduler.
Here you can config the limit reservable bandwidth.
But you're using XP home so I think it's better to disable this service. Hope it helps... others :). Happy Easter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom