put a new IDE cable in and pc takes long! on windows screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
Hi , i bought a new IDE cable because i needed to get 2 of my Pioneer and Lite-on combo drives working and the best thing is they both work... but everytime i turn on my pc, the Windows XP boot Screen where you have that little bar underneath the logo and tha.... it seems to be taking much longer than before why is this ? maybe around 29+ seconds or more i havent timed it but it seems well long.. before it took about 9 or maybe 15 sec

It is most likely because it now has more hardware and drivers to start up. As where before it didnt have the DVD Drive to startup the drivers for. Startup times are always fickle. They can be really fast some days and slow others.

I would say just keep tans on the startup times. If they tend to get really long. Like 1minutes plus then i would start to worry. But 30 Seconds or so isnt all that bad. Heck mine starts up about 45 seconds to a minute.

the computer has to process alot more information.

and also, you are running a celeron, you need to understand that they are basic, although your power supply seems pretty good! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom