Pushing windows above the top in Vista??

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoax

Baseband Member
Ok, this might be a weird question or whatever, but I need to optimize my screen space, for that I want to be able to do this one thing, but I don't know if it's possible or needs a special program.
What I want to be able to achieve is this, when you right click on the top bar of any window, you have the option to restore, move, size, minimize, maximize, etc...
When you click 'move', you can use ur mouse arrows to move up, down, left, right. If you press 'up', you can press it high enough so that have the screen disappeared 'up', but when you press enter to leave it that way, it comes back down.
But is there a way to keep half or more of that entire window 'up'?

Hope my question was clear!

How about moving it to the right, left or down off the screen as a work around.
Why cant you leave it minimized on the taskbar?

Sounds like it is time for dual monitors.

No. Since that is not a normal Windows placement you would not be able to have it keep that size.

The only thing you can do is hit F11. That will take the window to the maximum size allowed by Windows.

If you take the title bar completely off the top of the screen, you wouldn't be able to right click on it to bring it back.

What you need is VirtuaWin. It's a free software that enables virtual desktops, like workspaces in Linux. You can have 4 different workspaces with different open windows on each one, and switch to whichever one you need from an icon in the task tray.

Edit: It can actually do 20 virtual desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom