.......pulling out hair over this WINME Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastPC

Solid State Member
Anyone ever heard of an "SU0325" error EXACTLY at 10% of install, while installing Windows Mellinium Edition onto a Clean HD? I have ben dealing with this for almost 2 weeks now.......i have attempted this install on 4 different HD's, replaced the CD drives 3 times, and switched out the Ram chips......can anyone help me with a solution to this?? I would appreciate it....im too young to go bald right now....... :D

i have, and as a matter of fact, I even tried 3 different WINME disks....one wasactually straight out of the packaging....

It also says it could be caused by a virus or failing hardware. This could mean that either the CD rom is failing, or maybe the lens is dirty.

You might want to try another CD drive, or try cleaning the one you have...before buying a new CD rom drive.

Oh wait..you said you replaced the CD drive. Sorry missed that.

I really have no other ideas, sorry. That's an error I've not seen. Hopefully someone else will have a better solution.

EDIT.. One more thing. Not sure if this will help get past the problem, but MS says that this may also be cause be corrupt .cab files, so I'm wondering if a bootdisk might help you get past the problem. You may want to give it a shot...you can download an ME bootdisk here http://www.bootdisk.com/ then go into bios and set your floppy to the 1st boot device, and boot up with the disk in the floppy drive.

plesae try the following
-get a windows 98/me bootable
-fdisk/format the HDD
-boot the system with the floppy
-chose the 1st option-with Cdrom
-once on the a:
-put the winme Cd in
-copy the setup to the HDD
-run the setup from hdd
-would work

I have tried to install from C: by using the cab files copied off of the CD. Setup goes through the scandisk process, then states "please wait while windows copies files needed for setup", then goes to a black screen....no cmd prompt, no cursor, no nothing...just a black screen......aaaarrrghhhhhh....lol

actually, i have attempted this a few different drives. The main HDD i need this installed on is a Quantum 7400rpm, other is a Seagate 20G, and last was a 4.5G Fugitsu. Im wondering is there any way that the BIOS (Award v4.51) could be causing the problem?? Cause I have switched out every single piece of hardware to troubleshoot this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom