ps2 and windows 2k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3r0gr4v1ty

Baseband Member
unfortunatly my isp only allows me to have 3 ip addresses and well i have the 2 ip addresses used up and i got socom today and decided to play it online well of course i had to release the ip on one of the computers in order for the ps2 to have an ip and now that i'm finished playing socom i can't get the ps2 to "let go" of the ip address anyone else have this issue or anyone have any ideas on how to fix it

i know how to do it on the computer it's on the ps2 that i can't get it to release and if i just try to grab another ip b/c the ps2 has one our router has one and one of the other comps then it just says that the dhcp server cannot be reached but it's actually b/c there is no more free ip's

no the network adapter cannot be removed it's one of those new slim ones with the network adapter built in and i have tried turning it off am i just screwed until the ip is not used for a period of time and will go inactive and be released or what?

get a router.

here in columbus, our main high speed internet connection is through wide open west and roadrunner. with wow and it's 3 ip address your just need a hub to network 3 computers. with RR (which I have now) you have to have a router or you can only use 1 ip.

also, sometime when i get conflicting ip's I just unistall the ide drivers and reboot the computer

it has nothing to do with the computer and i have a switch and a router but no matter b/c the problem as been solved obviously the ip dropped itself over time or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom