Protowall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eg37se

Baseband Member
Does anyone know if Protowall actually works well? Alot of people say it helps keep the RIAA away and stops you from getting viruses.

No, but it limits your chances though. It basically block IP address from unwanted organization from contacting you. The RIAA can simply change thier IP or have a third party contact you.

Cheating the RIAA... Bad idea they can easilly contact you regardless and when they do they will not be happy that you have "protowall". The program itself doesn't even sound legal.

Actually, it's quite legal to block whomever you so choose from your PC Tyler. The RIAA, despite what they may think is not some government entity that can access your PC on a whim. Protowall has many benefits as it blocks many nefarious IP addresses from ever accessing your PC. In short, it legal.

Fine but this guys said striaght out to hide from the RIAA. That is not accepible and they have ways around that and they will probably fine you and come at you stronger for having a product like that on you PC.

I know you always have to be against me but what you are recommending can get this guy in trouble.

No Tyler, I'm not against you. I'm just offering a different view and engaging in simple dialog. It is not illegal to have Protowall. The RIAA cannot do anything about someone having Protowall on their PC. I can call the head of the RIAA's legal team and tell them "hey, I just installed Protowall to block your IP addresses".

Guess what, they can't do a thing about it. The RIAA has no jurisdiction as they are not a government entity and cannot tell you, me or anyone what they can and cannot have on their PC. Its perfectly legal.

obviously defying with the RIAA isn't a great idea, but there are millions of people who do it every day. as for protowall it is completely legal, not much different then like blocking certain ports on your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom