Protection fault??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Today when trying to print to a network shared printer. I started gettting errors and any program that would try to print to this printer would close. I then went into the control panel and into printers. when i would right click the printer and go to properties i would get an error. This error message is the attachment. This printer is only a problem from one computer. Other computes can printer to this printer. i am using windows 2000

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 44
When you print from Internet Explorer with a Hewlett-Packard (HP) DeskJet 932C or 952C printer, you may receive a general protection (GP) fault in module Gdi.exe.

The Hewlett-Packard drivers for these printers are not compatible with the HTML rendering engine that is used in the products listed at the beginning of this article.

There maybe a conflict that is caused by the installation of the bonus software on the computer. 1. Uninstall the HP bonus software by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. The Bonus software includes:
By Design Home
HP Print creator
HP Cartogra
HP Instant Delivery
2. Uninstall the printer driver.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Install the printer driver without the bonus software.

Method 2
1. Uninstall the printer driver.
2. Download and install the corporate version of the driver.

Use a compatible printer driver such as the HP 550C printer driver when you print from Internet Explorer. According to HP, the printer should still be able to print over the USB connection, but may have to specify the USB port as the port in the printer's properties.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=261156

It is not an Hp printer it is a lexmark and it is not when i am trying to print from the internet it is any time i try to print such as word, excel notpad, custom software...

i did both of those steps from above and still nothing. i also tried to do a windows repair. any other ideas

try this. instead of printing directly to the network, try sharing another printer driver that is working from youe other computer. delete your printer. head to add a printer wizard. head to one of your other printer on the network (same printer) add have it's working drivers install. I did this method before when I was having your problem (which it had turn out that my firewall was blocking the spooler from printing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom